The Girls Academy (GA) mission is:
To honor a true commitment, in the pursuit of excellence, to the player above all things: the athlete and the person.
In its commitment to be ‘for the players, by the players’ the GA integrates player input into the development of the league, beginning with the collaboration amongst players and clubs to create the mission statement.
The GA maintains the standards of the former USSF Development Academy (DA) while improving player first programming. These standards include:
- A commitment to the long term development and player safety through specific training to game ratios
- A highly competitive national platform centered around league play with regional and national events
- Integrated player identification to elevate players who aspire to play collegiately, professionally, and for their country
- A standards-based framework for all GA staff, game set up, and referees
- A standards-based league for all clubs licensure of staff, video, game day set-up, and standard of referees
The GA enhances the opportunities for players through the following:
- Flexibility to integrate High School soccer into the overall soccer experience
- More opportunities to showcase each individual’s abilities in matches with increased substitution options
- Extended national exposure with scheduled windows to add national events outside the GA schedule
- Player ownership of the newly formed league through the integration of a player advisory panel