What is the Salvo SC Girls Academy?
Salvo SC embraces the mission of the GA and provides a program that challenges young women to be- and become- their best selves as soccer players and people. We are committed to elevating the young person on and off the field.
Salvo SC Girls Academy (GA) will:
- Have 6 teams in the following age groups: 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004/2003
- Allow High School-age players to participate in Junior Varsity and Varsity soccer
- Offer 10-month programming with 4 contacts a week. Contacts include training, video, team building, individual meetings, etc. for players not playing High School soccer
- Offer 10-month programming with 4 contacts a week. Contacts include training, video, team building, individual meetings, etc. for players playing High School Soccer
- Embed individual player development within the team development through periodized training in technical, physical, tactical, and psychological aspects of the game
- Integrated injury prevention programming and soccer-specific strength, agility, and speed development
- College recruitment consultation and programming
Being a member of the Salvo GA will also include:
- Performance and recovery monitoring using data-driven technology
- Video and online access for all GA games with the ability to create highlight films
- Community engagement and service programming
- Core value development and leadership programming
- Exposure to opportunity beyond playing - coaching, operations (WPSL game day), referee, etc.